NEW YORK -- Carmelo Anthony kept losing the ball all night l

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen Reageren | Algemeen    Pagina 1 van 1

11-02-2019 04:43:54 BerichtOnderwerp: NEW YORK -- Carmelo Anthony kept losing the ball all night l
zhanjiao1212

Reageren met citaat

NEW YORK -- Carmelo Anthony kept losing the ball all night long, and now the New York Knicks have lost their hold on eighth place in the Eastern Conference playoff race. Salomon Shoes Outlet Free Shipping . Anthony committed nine turnovers and Bradley Beal made another big shot at Madison Square Garden, a go-ahead jumper over Tyson Chandler with 6.9 seconds left as the Washington Wizards beat the Knicks 90-89 on Friday night. Beals jumper quieted the Garden crowd just as he did back on Dec. 16, when he beat the Knicks for a go-ahead layup. "Its pretty cool, I guess", Washingtons second-year guard said. "For them to go silent, thats kind of, Wow." John Wall, who added 19 points, combined with Beal for Washingtons final 12 to dampen New Yorks playoffs hopes. Anthony was favouring an ailing right shoulder he said he initially banged up during the win against Brooklyn on Wednesday. He felt it go out during the first half but decided to keep playing. He lost control of the ball as he tried to go left into the lane on New Yorks last possession, but J.R. Smith, who as of late has recaptured the form that earned him last years Sixth Man of the Year award, recovered it but missed a potential winning 3-pointer with 2.2 seconds left. Smith finished with a season-high 32 points. "I felt like I lost the ball," Anthony said. "It was a tough loss, man. I wish I could have did better and played better. For the most part I thought my teammates did what they had to do. J.R. had a phenomenal game. I wish I could have rewarded that." The Knicks announced after the game that Anthony strained his right shoulder but X-rays were negative. He said he expects to play Sunday against the Miami Heat. New York dropped out of the final playoff position just two nights after moving into it by beating the Nets. Struggling Atlanta went back ahead by one game after beating the Cleveland Cavaliers earlier Friday. Smith would have liked to have had the chance to take the initial shot. "Yeah, no matter who that is, I always want the last shot. Its something Ive never been shy about", Smith said. Anthony, held to 10 points, made a jumper to cut the Wizards lead to 88-86 lead with 1:33 remaining. After Wall missed a long shot in front of the arc at the top of the key, Anthony tried to connect with Tim Hardaway Jr., who was open near the Washington bench for a 3, but Martell Webster intercepted Anthonys pass. The Knicks got the ball back after Wall lost control of it as he drove to the basket. With 33.5 seconds left, Anthony then found an open Raymond Felton for a 3-pointer to give the Knicks an 89-86 lead, but Beal answered with his jumper over Chandler, who had come out to help. It was the second straight win for Washington, which clinched its first playoff since 2008 on Wednesday. "Our defence was pretty good but Trevors (Ariza) defence on Carmelo was outstanding", Wizards coach Randy Wittman said. "Trevor fought and fought him. At the end we decided to trap him and make someone else beat us." The Knicks couldnt and now they will face a tough challenge Sunday when they travel to face the Miami Heat, who have already beaten them twice this season. The Knicks have five remaining games, three on the road, against three teams that are all playoff-bound in the East. New York cant afford to have its leading scorer out. "Well I knew it was bothering him, but you know weve got to have Melo on the floor," Woodson said. "Again, it was a hard-fought game. Our guys came up defeated, so now we have to figure out how were going to get it back because ... Atlanta won tonight." Notes: Former Buffalo Bills quarterback and Hall of Famer Jim Kelly attended the game with his family. Kelly, who is battling his second bought with cancer, will undergo treatment next week at a hospital in the city. ... Before the game, the Knicks honoured Anthony with a plaque to celebrate his 62-point, Madison Square Garden record, set Jan. 24. Wholesale Salomon Shoes For Sale . And thats good news for Canada. Kelly, who plays No. 8 at the back of the scrum, is captain of the Canadian womens team. Wholesale Salomon Shoes . The 24-year-old Raley was 0-2 with a 9.00 ERA for Chicago in his first two career starts after being called up from Iowa on Aug. 7. He was optioned to Iowa on Monday after losing 3-0 to Cincinnati in Chicago on Sunday. http://www.salomonoutletstore.com/ . Roy says he will know more about Duchenes potential playing status Sunday. Duchene has been out since damaging the MCL in his left knee when he ran into a teammate against San Jose on March 29. Hes been skating on his own all week, before joining the team Saturday hours before a pivotal game in a series tied at 2.CALGARY - Johnny Gaudreau was on full display in the third period for the Calgary Flames on Friday night.The dynamic 5-foot-9 rookie set up the tying goal, drew the penalty that led to the go-ahead power-play goal, then scored what would end up being the game winner as three goals in a span of just over four minutes powered Calgary to a 4-3 comeback win over the Nashville Predators.Trailing 2-1 entering the third period, Jiri Hudler got the rally started with the tying goal at 2:36. He converted a slick cross-crease pass from Markus Granlund, who got the puck to begin the sequence from Gaudreau.On his next shift, Gaudreau was tripped while hustling after the puck in the offensive zone by Mattias Ekholm. On the power play, TJ Brodies pass deflected in off Predators defenceman Shea Weber to give the Flames the lead at 4:23.The eventual game-winner came when Gaudreau darted down the left wing, showed good strength in fending off the stick check of Craig Smith, then whipped a shot from a bad angle that beat Pekka Rinne over his shoulder.It seems like the pucks on a string for him lately, not just this game but the past few. Its really nice to see, said Flames captain Mark Giordano. Tonight, he was a game changer. Theres nothing else to say. He really changed the game for us.After beginning the season with no points in his first give games, a stretch that culminated in him being a healthy scratch, Gaudreau has two goals and four assists in his last six games.I know every game Im feeling more comfortable and it helps when youre playing with guys like Hudler, Gaudreau said. Im just real fortunate to get to play with a lot of skilled guys. Thats just going to make me a better player when Im playing with great players like that.Contrary to earlier in the season when he appeared more cautious, now when Gaudreau gets the puck he attacks the opposing defenceman. In the first period, he completely turned Anton Volchenkov inside out on an individual rush.Im feeling a lot better in the defensive zone every game and I think thats just going to help me have more time in the offensive zone and create more offence during the game, Gaudreau said.Sean Monahan also scored for Calgary (6-4-2). The Flames finish 2-1-2 on a five-game homestand. They begin a five-game road trip Sunday night in Montreal.James Neal paced the offence for Nashville (6-2-2) with two goals — his sixth and seventh of the season. Smith also scored. The Predators have split the opening two games of a sseason-long six-game road trip, which continues Sunday in Vancouver. Cheap Salomon Shoes China. In this league, if a team hangs around long enough and gets a few bounces, theyre right back in it and gives themselves some life. Its just that six minutes in that third period where they got some life and we just couldnt get it back, said Neal. Other than that, I liked the way we play on the road and its a tough loss when you feel like you deserve better.Neal made it a one-goal game again at 4-3 with a power-play goal at 10:47, but that was all Jonas Hiller would give the Predators.Hiller finished the night with 28 saves to improve to 3-2-1 on the season. The veteran goalie was making his second straight start for Calgary, which was significant in the fact that until Friday, coach Bob Hartley had been rotating Hiller and Karri Ramo.In giving up a season-high four goals on 30 shots, Rinne saw his record fall to 6-2-1.Our guys played hard tonight. They were constantly on the attack, said Predators coach Peter Laviolette. We werent able to pull away when it was 2-1. I think we continued to press, it seemed like we had a lot of zone time. We just couldnt find the net one that would help us pull away.The banged up Flames won despite playing without three of their top centres in Mikael Backlund (abdominal strain), Matt Stajan (knee) and Joe Colborne (upper body). They joined Mason Raymond (shoulder), who is also sidelined.My job is to make our players believers and the longer and the better we play and we collect points and suddenly every morning we wake up and were in 6th place, were in 5th place, were in 7th place, well, were there, and the marathon has just started, said Hartley. I know everyone in the hockey world is waiting for us to trip but I have faith in our guys. Were going to succeed because were hard workers, were good people.Notes: Brodies four goals matches his career-high... Prior to the game, a moment of silence was held for ex-Stampeder and prominent businessman John Forzani. The 67-year-old Calgary native passed away from a heart attack... The game marked the NHL debut of Flames LW Michael Ferland and the season debut for Granlund... Ferland (upper body) left the game late in the second period and did not return after being shaken up after a hit by Volchenkov... Back in the Flames line-up for the first time in a while were RW Devin Setoguchi and RW Brian McGrattan. They had been healthy scratches for the last four and five games respectively. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping Cheapest College Jerseys Sale Cheap Football Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China MLB Jerseys Outlet Canada Wholesale NBA Jerseys Canada Store Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Canada ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen Reageren | Algemeen
Vorige onderwerp
Volgende onderwerp
Berichten van afgelopen: