Toronto Marlies forward Jerry DAmigo is earning a

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen Reageren | Algemeen    Pagina 1 van 1

18-03-2019 06:52:13 BerichtOnderwerp: Toronto Marlies forward Jerry DAmigo is earning a
zhanjiao1212

Reageren met citaat

TORONTO -- Toronto Marlies forward Jerry DAmigo is earning a reputation for being a big-game player. Wholesale NCAA Jerseys . DAmigo, who entered Wednesdays Game 4 against the Chicago as the league-leader with nine points through five playoff games, scored in overtime as the Marlies edged the Wolves 4-3. "Hes always been the guy that wants to be in that situation positively or negatively he wants to be on the ice," said Toronto coach Steve Spott. "You can see tonight here again. Its a big game, its a critical moment and he rises to the occasion." DAmigo put home the rebound off a Trevor Smith point shot at 3:28 of the first over time for his fourth goal of the playoffs. Toronto now has a commanding 3-0 lead in its best-of-seven series with Chicago. "It was just kind of a mixup play and (Trevor Smith) got it back at the point, put it on net which I was happy and I was right there," said DAmigo, who also had an assist in the win. "I almost missed it there and I finally put it in." DAmigo is the franchise leader in playoff scoring with 13 goals and 20 assists in 32 games. When asked about is clutch playoff scoring he said simply: "The puck just happened to be on my stick at times you need it." The Marlies are a perfect 6-0 in the playoffs and have just one loss in 10 games dating back to the regular season. Toronto also improved to 5-4 all time in Calder Cup playoff overtime games. T.J. Brennan, Peter Holland, Brandon Kozun scored in regulation time for the Marlies, while Drew MacIntyre made 32 saves. MacIntyre, who has not lost a start in regulation since March 7, allowed three goals-against for the first time in these playoffs. "Hes the reason why were in the game, a lot of these games," said DAmigo. Hes the backbone of our team and a guy who is keeping us in it when were playing badly for him so he deserves a lot more credit than all of us in that room right now." Dmitrji Jaskin, Adam Cracknell and Tyler Shattock replied for the Wolves. Jake Allen, the reigning AHL goaltender of the year, made 26 saves in the loss. As a result of smoke in a nearby Federal Aviation Administration radar facility at Chicagos OHare International Airport on Tuesday, flights at both OHare and Midway were cancelled forcing the Wolves make alternate arrangements. Sixteen players along with the Chicago coaching staff made it to Toronto before midnight Tuesday with some players not arriving until 3 p.m. local time. Wednesday was by far the closest game to date in the series. After outscoring the Wolves 9-4 in the two games in Chicago, Game 3 was a back and forth affair between the two clubs. Brennan opened the scoring, on a power play, one-timing a Spencer Abbott feed glove-side past Allen for his third goal of the playoffs at 5:26 of the first. Jaskin tied it 1-1, on a power play, re-directing a Marc Cundari point shot for his fourth at 15:41. Just 50 seconds later, Holland restored Torontos lead, one-timing a Brennan pass from the side of the net past Allen for his fourth at 16:31. Cracknell tied it 2-2 with his third capitalizing off a Greg McKegg turnover and poking home the rebound off a Shane Harper shot at 18:28. However, just 11 seconds later, Kozun gave the Marlies a 3-2 lead putting a bouncing puck off of Allen from behind the goal line for his third of the playoffs. Toronto defenceman Andrew MacWilliam, who missed a month of the regular season with a concussion, left the game and did not return following a big hit on Cracknell behind the Toronto net early in the second period. MacWilliam was playing in just his fourth game since returning from the injury. Spott said MacWilliam suffered an upper body injury, but that it was unrelated to the concussion he suffered in the regular season. MacWilliam will be re-evaluated Thursday and could be an option Friday. Chicago controlled the play in the second period as they out-shot Toronto 14-5 and Shattock had the lone goal of the period batting a bouncing puck past a sprawling MacIntyre for his first of the playoffs at 11:34. "They came out hard and theyre not going to quit obviously," said DAmigo. "They were playing our end the whole second period basically and we had to change that up. "They had a tough travel day so we wanted to use our speed and use that to our advantage and I think we did that in the third." Game 4 of the Western Conference semifinals is Friday night at Ricoh Coliseum. Notes: Maple Leafs great Wendel Clark was on hand to drop the puck in a ceremonial faceoff. David Broll played his first game of the series replacing a healthy Frazer McLaren in the Marlies lineup. Wholesale NCAA Football Jerseys . -- When the Los Angeles Kings are on top of their formidable defensive game, they revel in the silence they can create in a frustrated road arena. NCAA Jerseys China . DeGrom outpitched Jake Peavy in a tantalizing hitless duel that carried into the seventh inning Saturday night before the New York Mets broke loose and beat the San Francisco Giants 4-2. http://www.jerseysncaacheap.com/ . -- Phil Mickelson will be watching the final two rounds of the Masters from home for the first time in 17 years. LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- Most satisfying to Russ Smith about No. 6 Louisvilles victory over Western Kentucky was his teammates assistance in overcoming the absence of starting point guard Chris Jones. Just as important was the timing of those contributions that put away the Hilltoppers. Smith had 14 points and 10 assists and Louisville shot 69 per cent from the field in the second half to pull away to a 79-63 victory on Saturday. With Jones sidelined at least a game with a sprained right wrist, the Cardinals (9-1) got numerous backcourt contributions to beat their in-state rival for the fifth straight time. Smith, Louisvilles leading scorer who has tried to involve teammates more this season, set the tone in both areas with five assists and nine points in the second half to finish with his second double-double in three games. Louisvilles bench outscored WKUs 33-20. "My job is just to perform on a daily basis and get my teammates involved," Smith said. "If shots arent falling, I have to find my teammates, play some great defence and help Louisville win some games." Freshman Terry Rozier grabbed a team-high 10 rebounds starting in Jones place while little-used senior reserve Tim Henderson -- whose consecutive 3-pointers helped Louisville rally past Wichita State in last springs national semifinal -- added career highs of 12 points on four 3-pointers and four assists in 22 minutes. "Im kind of used to that role, Ive had it for four years now," the walk-on said. "We have such a great group of people, a great group of guards who can all play well. "Its whatever Coach (Rick Pitino) feels like is going to work that game and how you match up with them. I guess he felt like I matched up well with this team and with Chris out." Their efforts helped Louisville pad a 31-28 halftime lead as the Cardinals made 13 of their first 21 attempts from the field after the break to build a 63-44 lead with 6:02 left. They shot 18 of 26 in the second half. Louisville held the Hilltoppers (5-4) scoreless for nearly 6 minutes. Mangok Mathiang added a career-high 13 points and Chane Behanan had 11 points and seven rebounds for Louisville, which shot 30 of 59 overall (51 per cent) after hitting just 36 per cent in the first half. Cheap College Basketball Jerseys. Wayne Blackshear added 12 points while senior forward Stephan Van Treese had five points with four rebounds, providing a presence for the Cardinals with Mathiang hampered by three fouls. Pitino praised Smith, his senior tri-captain, for being the catalyst. "Until you knock the young man off of his throne, hes the premier player in college basketball," Pitino said. "(Its a) biased opinion by me, but I think he is because he has made every change. "Two years ago, I needed him to carry the team on his back, he did. Now, I need him to pass the basketball and take good shots, he does." T.J. Prices 22 points led WKU, which shot just 36 per cent and was outscored 36-14 inside. Brandon Harris, coming off a career-high 30-point game at Southern Illinois, finished with four points. Louisville improved to 38-39 all-time against WKU in a series that both coaches want to continue even though its programs are headed to new leagues next season. The Cardinals will leave the American Athletic Conference to join the Atlantic Coast Conference while the Hilltoppers will move from the Sun Belt to Conference USA. The Cardinals collective effort beat back a Western Kentucky team that came in a little deeper after transfers Trency Jackson and Chris Harrison-Docks became eligible on Friday. WKU coach Ray Harper promised to play both extensively and even started Jackson at guard in a strong lineup featuring leading scorer Price (15.6 points) and George Fant (13.9). Harrison-Docks finished with 10 points and Jackson had six. Star players were mostly secondary in a tight first half featuring four ties and eight lead changes before Louisville rallied twice from four-point deficits for its narrow edge at the break. Blackshear scored the Cardinals final eight points of the half including consecutive 3-pointers. Louisville opened the second half with a 14-5 run for a 45-33 lead that eventually reached 21. "I thought the first half we did good job of keeping the pace a little slower," Harper said. "Second half, I thought they dictated pace, got out and got some easy baskets." ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen Reageren | Algemeen
Vorige onderwerp
Volgende onderwerp
Berichten van afgelopen: